Have questions? We’ve got answers.
Or some answers anyway! But if your question isn’t addressed below, or if you’re having trouble making a gift, please drop us an email or call us at 812-855-8311 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday – Friday). We’re here to help!
Why should I create a My IU account?
Creating a My IU account gives you the best possible experience on the site and offers features you can’t access as a guest, including:
- Faster checkout: Save your credit card information for more convenient transaction.
- Favorites: Save your favorite IU funds for easy access—and share them with friends, too!
- Gift history: A My IU account enables you to access your giving history, making it easy to find funds you’ve supported in the past and quickly give again.
- Event registration: Pre-populated forms enable you to quickly and seamlessly register for your favorite IU events.
- Pledges: Manage your existing pledges and make pledge payments online.
- Recurring gifts: Only users with a My IU account can make recurring gifts online. This is a hassle-free way to provide steady, reliable funding to your favorite IU causes. And creating your recurring gift online gives you the flexibility to manage your own gift: skip an installment, pause your gift, update your payment information, and more.
- Profile updates: Quickly inform us about changes to your mailing address, contact information, and other important details.
Plus, with our social sign-in options, you don’t even need to remember a new username or password! Simply use your Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn profile to sign in and then connect to your alumni/donor record.
How do I create a My IU account?
- Select “sign in” in the My IU menu.
- Choose one of the methods offered to create an account and link to your alumni/donor record.
- Supply the requested pieces of information.
- Tap/click “submit.”
How do I sign in to My IU?
If you have an existing My IU account:
- Select “sign in” in the My IU menu.
- Choose one of the methods offered to sign in to your account.
- Tap/click “log in.”
What if I have trouble signing in?
Call us at 812-855-8311 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday–Friday). We’ll help get the problem solved.
Making a gift
I want to make a gift. How do I find a fund to support?
First of all, thank you! If you know the name of the fund you’d like to support—or even part of the name—simply enter it in the “search” field.
But there are so many worthy causes to support on My IU, we suggest exploring! It’s easy to discover programs and opportunities that will help you achieve the difference you want to make in the world.
You can use the search tool to explore topics that are close to your heart—for example, the environment, cancer research, entrepreneurism, or student needs. Or you can search by keyword, such as “Jacobs,” “cinema,” or “math.” Alternatively, you can use the site’s filtering tools to discover funds by campus, cause, or purpose.
There’s no wrong way to find a fund and make a difference through My IU, so explore until you discover an IU cause that sparks your interest or warms your heart.
How do I add or remove a fund to my favorites?
First, sign in to your My IU account. To add or remove a favorite fund, simply tap/click the heart icon located in the top right corner of the fund’s main image. You can also manage your favorites by visiting the “favorites” section of your My IU profile.
How do I make a gift?
Once you’ve chosen a fund or IU Crowdfunding campaign to support, simply add it to “My gifts” and check out.
- A one-time gift is a single donation to a fund or crowdfunding campaign. Select the “one-time gift” tab. Then, choose a suggested gift amount or enter a custom amount in the “other amount” field. Finally, click the “give now” button. Your gift will be added to your cart and you’ll be prompted to check out or continue browsing My IU.
- A recurring gift establishes a donation that repeats either monthly or annually. First, select the “recurring gift” tab (if that option is available for your chosen fund). Then, choose a gift frequency and enter your gift amount. Finally, click the “give now” button. Your gift will be added to your cart and you’ll be prompted to check out or continue browsing My IU. (Please note: You must be signed in to your My IU account to make a recurring gift.)
Once you’ve established a recurring gift on My IU, you can manage it online at any time. Update your billing information; pause or restart your gift; change the amount—it’s all in your hands. (Please note: If you established a recurring gift through a paper reply form—and not on My IU—updates cannot be made online. To change or cancel those recurring gifts, please notify the IUF in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
How does my spouse/partner get credit for my gift
To credit your spouse/partner for your gift, please contact us via email at email@example.com or phone at 812-855-8311 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday – Friday).
Is there a minimum gift amount?
Yes, we are only able to accept online gifts of $5 or more.
Why can’t I find a fund?
Funds that are closed, ineligible for online giving, or private will not show up in public search results.
If you have made a gift to a private fund previously, you can access the link to the fund by logging in and navigating to the “My giving history” page. If you haven’t made a gift to the fund previously and are the establishing donor, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 812-855-8311 and we can provide a link to the fund. If you haven’t made a gift to the fund previously and are not the establishing donor, the only way to give to the fund initially is via check, Automated Clearing House (ACH), or phone.
Will my company match my gift?
Currently, over 16,000 companies will match donations to IU, and your employer could be one of them. See if your company matches!
Is my gift tax deductible?
It sure is. The Indiana University Foundation is a not-for-profit institution with the simple goal of maximizing private support for IU.
What is the IU Foundation’s tax ID number?
The Indiana University Foundation, Inc., is a Not-For-Profit Corporation organized under the laws of the State of Indiana. Its Federal Employer Identification Number is 35-6018940.